Saturday, May 5, 2012

The Evil in the hearts of men or women

Sometimes I am surprised with the fact that the cruelty that we humans can inflict on children and animals still continues to astound me. When I heard about this incident yesterday, Grief and anger over buffalo deaths , I had to pull over and just sit before I could continue my drive home. Perhaps part of the impact is due to the fact that this ranch is close to where I live. But I think most of all is the idea that somewhere near me lives a person or persons capable of such a cruel act.

I had a similar response when I heard about someone stabbing horses in Virginia that were used as part of an equine therapy program for the disabled, Herndon horses stabbed. Why there is a need for some to prove their "worth" by maiming or killing other living things is beyond my understanding. And to the parents of the child who bullies other children or hurts pets and said to me, their teacher, that "kids will be kids". I hope you are proud of the results of your parenting.